Automation & Controls Specialists, LLC (ACS) is a local family owned, service-oriented company providing unsurpassed automation support for an assortment of projects from large automation projects to retrofits and more. ACS is seeking a talented Controls Engineer to join their team. This full-time position requires an individual who can provide technical ability and superior customer service to clients in a variety of projects. The successful candidate would enjoy problem-solving, a positive working environment and ready for a challenge. If you are committed to consistently delivering top-notch work and would like to work for a company that fosters lasting relationships with clients and their employees, then we want to talk with you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and oversee installations (and repair) of large non-standard systems.
• Guide customers through the installation process of large automation systems.
• Communicate with project leader in accordance with company standards, customer contract requirements, including but not limited to budget, timelines and overall assigned project(s.)
• Travel to sites as requested to research or support in multiple areas including but not limited to: inventory availability of supplies, inspect the customer’s facility (floor inspection, etc.) and other technical tasks as assigned (if applicable) by the project leader.
• Support and lead the system installation on-site within the project scope, including managing contractors, providing drawings and driving the project according to specifications and supporting problem resolution.
• Responsible for safety documentation and upholding safety standards.
• Effectively communicate and correspond with the ACS employees and the client in a professional manner, including but not limited to: providing on-going status on project(s,) estimating time frames, documenting procedures for accomplishing projects and conveying necessary resources for each phase of the project.
• Provide technical expertise for problem resolution and support involving a variety of systems.
• Identify problems from information and formulate solutions, consolidate information and then communicate and report problems to appropriate sources.
• Perform PLC, HMI and component specific programming and development as necessary to the project.
• Create, update and communicate revisions of electrical drawings using AutoCAD.
• Assist customers with troubleshooting, training, and documenting procedures of equipment, to include but not limited to the development and revisions of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
• Support project scopes and installation timelines based on customer’s specifications and meet the commitments specified by these guidelines.
• Perform all duties in a professional, respectful and timely manner, allowing for variables to change that include but not limited to specifications, details and timelines based on client needs.
• Keep project leader up to date with regularly scheduled project and status reports.
• Ability to work outside normal hours to comply with client needs.
• Track billable hours and record them with details to be presented on a weekly basis.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology or similar field.
• At least two (2) years’ experience with automation systems, including PLCs, HMIs and a wide variety of instrumentation experience.
• Self-driven motivation that is tireless with problem resolution and solution research.
• Intermediate to strong knowledge and understanding of the Rockwell Software family, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD.
• Proven ability to design panel layouts, create electrical schematics and then update revisions using AutoCAD.
• Prior experience in Wonderware, robotics and motion control are highly desired.
• Proven track record working with a team and clients.
• Intermediate to advanced skill level in computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to pass annual MVR review.
Company offers a range of benefits including medical reimbursement, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer