As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures. Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
We are seeking individuals for daytime and overnight openings.
Licensed Practical Nurses are responsible for:
• Monitoring clients self administering medications and reactions to medication
• Working with Registered Nurse to provide direct nursing care according to physician orders, nursing care plan or established protocols
• Conducting initial health screenings and assessments of clients’ medical needs
• Assisting physicians with client examinations or treatments
• Charting vital signs, treatments performed and medications administered and maintaining records
Requirements • High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Vocational Practice Nurse (VPN) as required by the state of Illinois
• 3 - 5 years of related experience with experience working as a charge nurse preferred
• Experience with an adult or adolescent client population in a social service environment preferred
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, individuals with a disability, and protected veterans.