As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, and training and development.
Cooks are responsible for:
• Preparing, seasoning, and cooking food for clients in accordance with established recipes and menus
• Completing advance preparation steps, using kitchen utensils and equipment, and inspecting and testing food
• Ensuring proper storage of goods, supplies, and leftovers
• Cleaning and organizing work and serving areas and maintaining kitchen equipment
• Assisting in menu planning and training of clients assigned to kitchen duty
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements • Current state public health certification required
• 6 months training in cooking techniques and procedures required
• Minimum 1 year related work experience
• Basic computer skills required
• Strong customer service skills required
• This is a full-time position with rotating shifts, 5:30am – 1:30pm or 10:00am – 6:00pm Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Location/Region: Carbondale, IL (US)