As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Residential (CADC, LPC or LSW) Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
Experience with boys required.
• Completing comprehensive assessments of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements and preparing individualized, developmentally appropriate treatment plans
• Providing individual and group counseling and educational programs in accordance with treatment plans
• Documenting treatment and discharge plans and clients’ progress and responses to treatment, as well as maintaining related records and charts
• Performing case management and contributing to client care monitoring
• Caseload typically includes some complex cases requiring more intensive services
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements • Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and life experience, with a minimum of 100 hours of documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice required
• Current certification as a substance abuse counselor (CADC) or higher licensure (LPC, LSW) in state of hire required
• Minimum 2 years of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
• Related work experience with program specific population (adolescent/adult) and residential treatment setting required
• Ability to work XYZ schedule
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females and individuals with a disability and protected veterans. Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Location/Region: Carbondale, IL (US)