- Complete introduction to and demonstrate a commitment to the Cott business, culture and core beliefs.
- Complete understanding of the location processes, CPMS and equipment.
- A thorough understanding of SQFi Level 3 requirements, customer’s quality standards and company quality management systems along with an understanding of how all departments impact/affect internal and external customers. Complete the SQF 2000 Certification.
- Demonstrate an understanding and continued enforcement of the Corrective Action process.
- Management of Inventory at Risk process.
- Review and assess direct reports, development plans and personnel decisions.
- Manage all audits for the location … approximately 4 audits per year.
Work daily with Quality Control personnel and all departments to ensure that the QMS, CPMS, inventory control procedures and CI processes are robust and driving tangible results for the business.
- Process discipline.
- SOP standardization.
- Development of a Quality Culture
- Yield/Waste Management
Technical Skills Required:
- Food Science – This knowledge allows for an understanding of chemical reactions that might impact product food safety and food quality.
- Microbiology – Plant and equipment cleaning and sanitation effectiveness. Product compliance to standards.
- Mathematics – Formula validation and any batch adjustments needed based on nonconformance.
- This individual will work with all managers, supervisors and plant employees on various continuous improvement projects such as yield improvement, waste reductions, sanitation validations, nonconformance, audits, and inventory at risk, instrument validation and Alchemy. This person will directly supervise up to 12 direct reports at any given time. They will be supervising Team Leads, Laboratory Technicians and Batchers. They have a responsibility to weekly coordinate the work schedule for direct reports based on the production schedule in the plant.
Long-Term Planning and Strategy:
- Train and develop a qualified team of associates. Identify hipos and work with PM to build a next level development plan.
- Own all the Quality processes at the location and always strive for new methods to make improvements.
- Be responsible for all audits at the location including quarterly internal audits of the entire location with involvement of the production and warehouse team.
- When technical equipment problems or nonconformance’s come up, allow for training opportunities with direct reports.
- Interaction with the PD team, plant manager, and internal and external customers while reviewing CAP’s and nonconformances.
- Use the data collection and analysis tools available to improve and predict performance. Identify gaps in data and/or tools and drive solutions for them to drive the business forward.
- Projects may include but are not limited to driving improvements with SQFi, yield improvements, change from QC environment to QA, implementing new business units, inventory control procedures and Alchemy.
Cott Beverages is a proud EEOC/AA Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 5 years
Refresco is world’s largest independent bottler of beverages for retailers and A-brands with production in Europe, North America and Mexico. The company has combined pro forma volumes and revenue of circa 12 billion liters and circa €3.6 billion, respectively. Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass. Focused on innovation, Refresco continuously searches for new and alternative ways to improve the quality of its products and packaging combinations in line with consumer and customer demand, environmental responsibilities and market demand. Refresco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands and has more than 9,500 employees.
Location/Region: Sikeston, MO (US)